What Type of Insurance Do I Need to Open a Flower Business in Cape Coral, Florida?

Opening a flower shop is an exciting venture, but it's essential to make sure that you have the right insurance coverage in place to protect your business.

General liability insurance

is one of the most important policies for flower shops, as it covers customers who enter your store and are injured, the loss of inventory, the delay or damage to orders, the injury to employees, and more.

Commercial property insurance

will safeguard your building and expensive equipment from fire, weather, or theft.

Business interruption insurance

will provide reimbursement for lost income if you are unable to operate the business due to destruction of your facilities or equipment failure.

Commercial car insurance is necessary if you have a delivery vehicle, as it provides liability protection in the event of an accident.

Professional liability

or errors and omissions insurance can help protect your business against claims due to shabby inventory or other issues.

Workers' compensation insurance

is required in most states and is a good investment even if it isn't mandatory.

Business income insurance

provides funds for lost revenue and operating expenses if your florist business must close temporarily.

When selecting insurance policies for your flower business, it's essential to consider all of the risks involved. Review the online application on the City of Cape Coral's website or contact the Business Tax Division for help with completing your application. Your local Nationwide agent can help you find the right coverage for your flower shop in Cape Coral. Whether it's a one-person online flower shop or a large flower shop with a lot of walk-in traffic, florist insurance is designed to help protect the business owner, his employees and the company from financial dangers.

Dawn Blay
Dawn Blay

Certified bacon trailblazer. Professional coffee advocate. Proud pop culture scholar. Unapologetic social media evangelist. Total food maven.